Celebrate Climate Week NYC 2022 at the World Trade Center with three days of family-friendly activities to learn more about sustainability initiatives on our campus.
1. The Bee Conservancy Pop-Up at the Greenmarket
In partnership with The Bee Conservancy, stop by during the GrowNYC Greenmarket to learn more about bees, which are a keystone species that pollinates many of the market’s fruits and vegetables!
Date: Tuesday, September 20
Time: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Register on Eventbrite
The event will include several free activities that the whole family can enjoy:
- “Always Bee Learning” tools for kids: coloring sheets, microscopes, specimens, books, and more.
- Bee “Flash Cards” that help you distinguish bees from each other, as well as wasps and other look-alikes.
- Opportunities to engage in community science in NYC using the iNaturalist app.
2. Composting at WTC Smorgasburg
Common Ground Compost will launch the first-ever WTC composting pilot in partnership with Smorgasburg. A waste collection station will be set up at Smorgasburg, where food vendor waste will be collected, sorted, weighed, and redirected to compost as feasible. The metrics collected will help inform the Port Authority's Zero Waste program.
Dates: Friday, September 23 and Friday, September 30
Time: 11 am - 7 pm