In partnership with Sputnik Yoga, we will host a range of fitness and wellness classes at the World Trade Center on select Wednesdays. Launching in May to support Mental Health Awareness Month, this weekly series encourages healthy wellbeing habits for our community. Programming will feature a variety of classes from yoga and meditation to HIIT and many others!
Sponsored by Lifeway Foods, Wellness Wednesdays will take place on Oculus Plaza from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Register for each class on Eventbrite.
Please bring your own yoga mat or blanket. All classes are weather dependent and are subject to change.
1. Sputnik Flow
An invigorating and accessible vinyasa yoga experience suitable for all levels.
Dates: May 3, May 10, June 7, July 19, Aug. 16, Aug. 23, Sept. 6, Sept. 27
2. HIIT And Flow
A dynamic, all-in-one fitness class that combines cardio, strength, and flexibility exercises that creates a full-body workout.
Dates: May 24, June 14, July 12
3. Dance Flow
A mindful movement dance class that blends the elegance of ballet, the energy of jazz, and the fluidity of contemporary dance to create a truly captivating experience for all levels.
Date: May 17, Aug. 9
4. Guest Studios/Instructors
Partnerships with the local wellness community will bring an array of yoga, Pilates, HIIT, and other movement modalities through guest-hosted classes.
- Pure Barre Classic: A series of low-impact, high-intensity isometric movements designed to improve your flexibility while strengthening and toning your body.
Date: May 31 and Oct. 11
- MODO Yoga NYC: A vinyasa based class where the postures are linked with breath to create a fluid, beautiful and meditative practice that increases flexibility, strengthens and tones the muscles while challenging the cardiovascular system.
Date: June 28
Date: July 26
- DanceBody / Dance & Sculpt: Experience dance-inspired cardio and sculpt intervals set to the best music out there. No equipment necessary. Sneakers required.
Date: August 2
- Dance Church®: An all-levels movement class that offers a fun and inclusive approach to dancing. Designed for people of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds and identities, Dance Church is a communal space for people who want to move their bodies.
Date: August 30
- Trauma Informed Yoga with Exhale to Inhale: Exhale to Inhale is a non-profit that empowers those affected by domestic violence and sexual assault to transform their lives through the healing power of trauma-informed yoga. Their methodology allows time to check-in with your stress levels, connect with your body, and make movement-based choices.
Date: Sept. 20
- Strictly Tango: A Taste of Tango: Sergio Segura, director of Strictly Tango NYC, will lead a class on Argentine Tango where you can connect with your body, mind and spirit while you enjoy fantastic music. No partner needed. Comfortable clothes and shoes (not boots or flip flops) recommended.
Date: Oct. 4
Activations and classes will be added throughout the summer, so check this page and follow our social media for class announcements and information.